On December 12th, NASIM along with Middle East Monitor arranged a conference on Palestinian rights and invited some of the leading experts and journalists on Israel/Palestine from Denmark, UK, Israel and elsewhere. Throughout the conference our panelists discussed three main topics in regards to Palestinian rights:
1) Human Rights Conditions in Palestine:
• Prof. Mads Gilbert, renowned emergency medical doctor and solidarity worker
• Dr. Ramy Abdu, director of Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor
• Lotte Buch Segal, Assistant Professor at Copenhagen University
2) Have Palestinians entered a paradigm shift?
• Hugh Lovatt, European Council on Foreign Relations
• Dimi Reider, European Council on Foreign Relations, staff writer at +972 Magazine
3) Ways in which Europe can help improve conditions for Palestinians’ human rights situation:
• Amelia Smith, journalist/staff writer at Middle East Monitor
• Dr. Nina Gren, Researcher at Centre for Middle Eastern Studies, Lund University
As moderators we had with us Poya Pakzad from Mellemfolkeligt Samvirke/Actionaid Denmark and Lena Odgaard, Danish journalist.